Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Loving MACRO Photography

The first eight weeks of this semester I have a Macro Photography class. Our first assignment was to experiment with some of the equipment that we have here at RCC and turn in 3-5 images. Here are 3 of the images that I have edited so far. For my first image I used natural light combined with on-camera flash. For the last two images I used a halo light to the right and a ring flash on camera. All three of these images are at a 1:1 Ratio.


Nikon D300
Exposure: 1/125sec @ F/16
Focal Length: 55mm w/ extension tube
ISO 200


Canon 5D
Exposure: 1/50sec @ F/5
Focal Length: 100mm
ISO 50


Canon 5D
Exposure: 1/50sec @ F/8
Focal Length: 100mm
ISO 50 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job!! My favorite is the top one of the bud. I love the composition & the fact that you can see the fuzzies on the plant.

    ReplyDelete